Carlo has a special interest and experience in trauma and trauma-related conditions. His therapeutic approach is based on a relationship of collaboration, trust, humour, and draws on individual strengths. He is currently only seeing adults (18 years+) for psychological therapy. Trauma can present in varied ways and this might include assisting clients with difficulties related to any of the following conditions:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder,
- Anxiety, depression,
- Interpersonal issues,
- Health related issues (e.g., chronic pain),
- Eating difficulties, substance misuse, and other addictive behaviours (e.g., gambling, online gaming).
Services not provided:
- Reports for court, legal, insurance, WorkCover or Centrelink purposes
- We do not offer therapy for children/adolescents under 18 years; forensic clients or clients who require mandated counselling (e.g., clients on parole or probation); clients with active psychosis or significant substance dependence abuse (e.g., medical complications)
- We do not provide ongoing emergency or crisis management. In case of a crisis/emergency please call LIFELINE - 131114 or the mental health crisis service 1800 424 017. In an emergency situation, please call 000.
Given the current difficulties presented by the COVID-19 virus, where face-to-face therapy sessions may not be available, I want to provide you with some practical information to help you understand what to expect with online sessions and also provide some tips to make sure the process runs smoothly; See the following Using Zoom Meetings A Quick Guide (hyperlink to PDF). I know that it might feel unsettling or uncertain to have some sessions online but they can be as effective as meeting face to face, so long as you follow the sensible tips below. My goal is to create a safe and contained space to work with you.
Telehealth is a form of psychological service provided via internet technology, which can include consultation, treatment, transfer of medical data, emails, telephone conversations and/or education using interactive audio, video, or data communications. The platform used by Carlo Jacobs-Bloom for telehealth is Zoom. Zoom is set up in such a way that it offers a high level of security. No information about the content of the meeting itself (video or audio of the conversation) is stored on the Zoom servers. Information that there was a meeting and who the participants were (IP addresses, meeting name, email addresses) are stored by Zoom, but that is all. Every client has a unique meeting number. Detailed information about the security features of Zoom can be found at: https://d24cgw3uvb9a9h.cloudfront.net/static/47884/doc/Zoom-Security-White-Paper.pdf